- Eliminate probate and the emotional trauma that accompanies this costly, time consuming, and unnecessary procedure.
- Minimize estate taxes to the fullest extent permitted by law. Identify guardians for your minor children.
- Establish a trust for the benefit of your family and others.
- Avoid family conflicts and assure proper distribution of your assets according to your wishes.
- Maintain your privacy.
- Plan ahead so family members don’t need to make difficult decisions relative to your heath care in the event you are incapacitated.
- Discourage legal challenges.